EUCI’s Joint Use 101 – April 10-11, 2017 – Chicago, IL
WLS will attend EUCI’s Joint Use 101. The course will provide attendees with the experience, tools, and education that will help them learn how to efficiently monitor their joint use assets and activities. The course will include the history of joint use, how it has changed through the years, and will answer the 5 W’s of joint use. The instructor for the course is Larry Thompson, COO, President, Utiliserv Solutions, Inc. Mr. Thompson has over four decades of experience in the electric energy industry. He is the present owner of UtiliServ Solutions Inc., located in Hudson Ohio, which specializes in data collection, pole data analysis, double wood, distribution surveys, utility pole consulting for the electric, telephone, and broadband industries.
By drawing from personal experience, Mr. Thompson will answer important questions regarding joint use, including:
- How does joint use affect a utility?
- What rights do attaching companies have today?
- How does the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) apply to the utilities and attaching companies?
- Who controls a joint use pole?
- Challenges for third party companies
- What is the difference between joint use and joint ownership?
- What is a violation?
- What is a cost causer?
- Why does the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) get involved with joint use?
- What is the difference between the Public Utility Commission (PUC) and the FCC?
For more information, visit EUCI’s JU 101 course web page at https://www.euci.com/event_post/0417-joint-use/?x=26821v1Lx0101